Jump to main content

Creativity helping rugby officer Hannah during lockdown

Creativity helping rugby officer Hannah during lockdown

It’s a difficult and uncertain time for all of us at the moment and coping with the fact that I have to stay still has been hard enough let alone managing to work creatively at home, writes Hannah Hughes.

Share this page:

As Grŵp Llandrillo Menai’s Rugby Hub Officer my role is to develop, grow and improve the national game, expanding its appeal whilst ensuring that rugby is inclusive in all sections and ages of our communities. By increasing and improving engagement and participation the WRU can promote the core values ​​of rugby as well as providing an opportunity to improve the cohesion of health and well-being, families and communities.

I normally commit to supporting student enrichment opportunities by providing and organising a wide range of activities that support and promote a healthy lifestyle by delivering a healthy activity programme and supporting learners to volunteer and train to develop lifelong skills and experiences.

How was I going to continue doing this behind a screen, you ask?

Well … creativity, technology and positivity!

The service provided has not changed. If anything I am busier now and work more closely with services across the Group and continue to organise and deliver activities and opportunities.

I took the opportunity this week to promote the importance of keeping active and healthy during to ensure a healthy mind during Mental Health Awareness Week.

Working with the College’s Welfare officers we arranged a schedule of daily activities for the week ensuring that the themes of a well-being framework (5 Ways to Wellbeing) were aligned. During the week we have had a Talk Tuesday workshop with Cangen Cymraeg, Piyo and Yoga Wednesday Wellbeing sessions, Top Tips Active Ambassadors for Coping with Covid and a Rugby Fit and Dance session to celebrate Friday Smiles in conjunction with Street Games.

Corona will not stop me engaging with College students and staff and I think it’s important to keep in touch and be positive and make the most of this challenging situation!

Always ready for a chat if you need – @gllmrygbi.

Stay Safe and Keep Smiling.

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness