Jump to main content

Autism talk aims to increase awareness

Autism Talk

There will be an online community talk with The Autism Directory on Tuesday 1 December

The Welsh Rugby Union will host a community talk with The Autism Directory next week (Tuesday 1 Dec, 7-8pm) as part of an ongoing commitment to inclusivity and to help increase the understanding and awareness of autism within the Welsh rugby community.

Share this page:

The online event will be an opportunity for anyone involved in Welsh Rugby to learn more about autism and the autism community in Wales, to help clubs and organisations to become more inclusive, and also to reach out to those within the autism community to provide advice, support and Welsh community rugby links.
The talk includes information about the charity and a personal testimony from Rhys Jenkins from The Autism Directory about his early life with autism, his employment journey and how he managed his autism diagnosis.

WRU Entreprise Manager Greg Woods said, “We fully believe there is a place for everyone in Welsh rugby, we want to help increase the understanding of autism within Welsh community rugby, upskill volunteers and anyone involved in the game to ensure they feel they can provide a safe and welcoming environment for all to enjoy the game of rugby.”

Rhys Jenkins, Community Coordinator of the Autism Directory said, “I enjoy using my diagnosis and experiences to connect with people. Being an agent for change is just amazing. As an active rugby and football player, sport has played a key role in my life as an autistic individual and I hope to get that message across in our online meeting.”

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE EVENT

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness