Jump to main content

Dai Young Joins Cardiff Coaching Staff

Dai Young Joins Cardiff Coaching Staff

Former Wales captain David Young has accepted an offer to become a Cardiff coach. The 34-year-old Cardiff tight-head prop had been offered the chance to play and coach in England earlier this season after standing down from international rugby.
But the British Lion Young has chosen to stay with Cardiff and will join the Arms Park’s coaching team in September of next year.”To be honest, I am glad the negotiations are over and really chuffed to be staying at Cardiff,” said Young.
“I have been flattered by the others offers, some of which were very lucrative, but Cardiff, Peter Thomas, Bob Norster and Rudy Joubert in particular, have been fantastic towards me.
“I took my time over the decision because I knew I had to make the right one. “Such is the reputation Young has built, that the former rugby league international has also been offered the chance to become the national scrummaging coach under Graham Henry. He said, “It is nice to be wanted by Graham but I don’t really know what will happen with that now.”