Jump to main content

Cardiff Sign Richard Smith

Cardiff Sign Richard Smith

Cardiff Rugby Club has this afternoon completed the signing of international scrum-half Richard Smith. He trained with the first-team squad today and head coach David Young is delighted with his acquisition.

Share this page:

‘Richard is a quality player who I had the pleasure of working with when I captained Wales two years ago. I was also well aware of his capabilities from my contacts in Sale when he played for them – and, of course, his achievements with Ebbw Vale speak for themselves.

‘Richard is a man for all seasons and all conditions, equally good whatever type of game we try to play – I am absolutely delighted that he is joining us.’ Speaking at the Arms Park this afternoon, Richard Smith said.

‘It is a big day for me to be returning to club rugby in Wales and especially to be joining Cardiff. They are a club identified with high aspirations and it is an honour for me to have the chance to prove my worth in a top squad. ‘

I have never played in the Heineken Cup so that is an added attraction – but more than anything I want this chance to win selection for Cardiff on merit and also to hopefully win the attention of the national selectors again.’

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness