Jump to main content

FANS MESSAGES FLOOD IN

Club graphic

Wales are in line for their first grand slam since 1978, and once again your support for the boys has been magnificent.

Here are just a few of some of the “Messages of Support” that have been sent to the official home of the Welsh Rugby Union, wru.co.uk…

Terry is expecting a party in Round 5
“It’s been emotional so far and loving every minute! “I can’t wait for the Scotland fixture…a fixture that will literally paints the town red.”

The Welsh lads clearly have a few female fans…
“Good luck boys, you were awesome against France and I know that you are going to beat Ireland. Continue your great performance and you can win the six nations. I watch all your matches knowing you can win. I have every confidence in the team. Well done and keep up the good work”, love katie.b

And this one comes from “Valley Stunner” – no picture was included, however one will be accepted, mail to the usual address…

“GONE BOYS! WE KNOW U CAN DO IT!
Henson you’re a stunner!! x x x”

It looks like the slick centre is in there, but back onto the rugby and ex-pats across the pond were pleased with the performance…

“Beautiful! Keep up the masterful work, it’s fantastic to watch you play. There’s a sea of red waiting for the sweep we know is ahead.
Still watching and cheering in America”
Anwen

This message sums up a lot of your thoughts:

“What can I say boys, your doing us proud. After that nail biting match with France I really think we can go all the way, You showed Character and Class to come back the way you did and I think speak for every welsh rugby supporter when I say we are ALL very proud to be Welsh. Special Mention to Steven for the amazing performance against France and another to the beautiful Gavin Henson for Kicking THAT goal against England. Classic. Also, twinkle toes (Shane) is having a brilliant six nations. Well done to you and sympathy to Gareth Thomas, but I think Rhys should be given a chance to show his magic now.
Well done boys, Mike, you should be proud, as we all are. Two more to go, I think we can do it. We’re all holding our breaths.
GOOD LUCK BOYS!”
(Gemma, 19, South Wales)

Wales’ fly-half namesake Stephen Jones sounds a cautionary note:

“Well done boys!!! but only think about the Grand Slam after the final whistle against Ireland!!! Good luck…”

Keep them coming.