Jump to main content

MORGAN AIMING TO COME BACK IN STYLE

Club graphic

The Blues winger has not pulled on the red jersey since the defeat to France in 2003, but his desire to play for Wales is still as strong as ever.
And with 10 Welshman currently on Lions duty in New Zealand, Morgan knows he must seize the opportunity.
“When I was picked for the tour, I had a chat with Mike (Ruddock) and Scott Johnson and they both said there’s an opportunity here for me,” said Morgan.
“So having got on the trip and been picked for the first Test I’ve got to take my chance with both hands and not let anyone down.”
The 26-year-old has struggled with injury over the last two years and the form of British Lion Shane Williams has seen him move above Morgan in the pecking order.
But now the Cardiff flyer, who first broke into the Welsh team five years ago, is ready to give Ruddock a selection headache – and believes Wales’ adventurous playing style will suit his game.
“It’s always good to get the ball in your hands out wide and show you can still finish,” said the nine-times capped Morgan.
“The way Wales play now they like to throw the ball out, so that will suit me even more.”
Morgan missed the first part of the tour – a sightseeing stop over in the Big Apple – as he was on Heineken Cup duty with Cardiff in Italy. But he’s now joined up with the squad and is raring to go ahead of the first game in Hartford.
“The boys said it was good in New York, but obviously I had a job to do against Viadana to help the Blues qualify for the Heineken Cup,” he said “Now I’ve got another job to do out here and I cant wait.”