Jump to main content

Young brings back Wales internationals

Young brings back Wales internationals

A draw would guarantee the Blues a semi-final place as they top Group B, four points ahead of the Exiles and five in front of Wasps.

Share this page:

“I’m sure the international boys want to play,” Young told BBC Sport Wales. “They’ve obviously got to get used to the calls again, and the fatigue and mental stress factors are massive.

“But all the Wales boys are big players for the Blues and we’re looking to get them back as soon as possible. It’s a massive month for us with some mouth-watering matches over the next four or five week period. They are huge games and promise to be very exciting.

“These are games that we have to be at our best to win but I’m sure we can match with the best of them. The crowds have made a difference.

“It’s massive for the team to have a full Arms Park and hopefully very vocal support getting behind us. We’ve got a part to play but I’m sure we can do that, and I’m looking forward to having great support the way we always do,” he added.

Tickets are on general sale for the winner-takes-all clash against London Irish in the EDF Energy Cup and are selling quickly. There are only a limited number of stand tickets still available and with the Blues in a strong position to go through to the semi finals, the match is expected to sell out. Supporters are advised to purchase tickets as soon as possible. Ticket Office 029 2030 2030.

Blues: Ben Blair, Chris Czekaj, Jamie Robinson, Marc Stcherbina, Mosese Luveitasau, Nick Robinson, Mike Phillips, Gethin Jenkins, T Rhys Thomas, Taufa’ao Filise, Deiniol Jones, James Goode, Scott Morgan, Martyn Williams, Xavier Rush (capt)
Replacements: John Yapp, Duane Goodfield, Bradley Davies, Mark Lewis, Wayne Evans, Nick Macleod, Tom Shanklin

London Irish: tbc

Referee: Nigel Owens (WRU)

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness