Jump to main content

Schwalger signs for Scarlets

Schwalger signs for Scarlets

Mahonri Schwalger has boosted the strength in depth of the front row ranks for the Scarlets by signing a two-year contract with the region.

Share this page:

The 29-year-old hooker has already become a popular figure at Stradey Park where his dynamic running and ball handling skills have quickly won over the fans.

“I had the chance to play in England but I’m more than happy to have signed for the Scarlets,” he explained. “They are a good bunch of boys and I enjoy the style of play the Scarlets employ. I enjoy playing in front of the crowd and it’s great to be associated with such a famous team.”

Schwalger played his first game for the Scarlets as a replacement against Clermont Auvergne on January 19th just hours after arriving from New Zealand. He has gone on to make six appearances and will be in competition with Wales hooker Matthew Rees and the promising Ken Owens when next season kicks off.

He has played in two Rugby World Cups with Samoa and has played for Hawkes Bay, Wellington, Hurricanes and Highlanders in New Zealand.

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness