Jump to main content

Dragons sign Beale in Team Manager role

Dragons sign Beale in Team Manager role

Robert Beale has signed a three-year contract as the Newport-Gwent Dragons’ Rugby Manager and will join the region in September for the 2008/09 season

Share this page:

Beale was Team Manager with Wales U20 during June’s IRB Junior World Championship and leaves the position of Director of Rugby at Principality Premiership side Cross Keys to join the region.

He said: “I’m thrilled to accept the role of Rugby Manager and am looking forward to the challenge ahead. As well as the operational aspect to the role, I am enthusiastic about the region’s objective to develop greater links with the clubs in the region and look after the future succession plan to ensure that young talent will emerge from the area.

“This is a dream job for me. My time with Wales U20s has made me realise the direction that I wanted to take in my career and this opportunity is fantastic. It is one that I will take on wholeheartedly for the next three years and hopefully beyond.

“My affiliation with the Dragons goes back a long time and my association with Jim McCreedy and Paul Turner goes as far back as the playing field. I’ve a huge respect for both and am thrilled to step into the footsteps of Jim who has been a magnificent representative in the region throughout the years.

Beale began his playing career at Risca, where he gained Wales U19 honours, and spent six years at Newbridge from 1979 and has since coached at the clubs as well as with Ebbw Vale and Cross Keys before moving into the Director of Rugby role.

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness