Jump to main content

Davies wants silverware for Scarlets

Davies wants silverware for Scarlets

Jonathan Davies is targeting silverware as he prepares to start his first season back at the Scarlets in Saturday’s Guinness PRO12 opener against Munster.

Share this page:

The Wales centre has re-joined his home region on a National Dual Contract after spending the last two seasons plying his trade in France against Clermont Auvergne.

The 28-year-old has been impressed by what he has seen since reporting for duty at his home region as Wayne Pivac’s men look to improve on last season’s fifth-placed finish. Davies believes the west Wales side are in a far stronger position than when he left and has his sights set on securing a trophy during his second stint.

“It has been really good to come back,” said Davies, who recently travelled to Brazil to watch brother James secure an Olympic silver medal as part of the Team GB men’s sevens side.

“The improvement here has been good to see and I have really enjoyed working with the coaches so far and am excited about the group of players we have and what we can achieve this year.

“When I left there was uncertainty between the regions and the union, so for me to leave at that point was the right time and I feel I am coming back with the region in a much better place.

“Speaking to the boys during the Six Nations last season, you can tell there is more of an edge and a want to go on and push for silverware.

“Being involved previously, you can see there is a big improvement in the working week, the standards that are set by the coaches – the players have to drive that now.”

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness