Jump to main content

Brown’s week to remember

Brown’s week to remember

Leon Brown’s dream week has continued after he signed a new contract with the Dragons.

Share this page:

Just a day after being named in Warren Gatland’s Wales squad for the Under Armour Series, prop star Brown has committed his long-term future to Bernard Jackman’s side.

“I didn’t look elsewhere – I wanted to sign here and keep playing my rugby at my home region,” said loosehead Brown, who also celebrated his 21st birthday on Thursday.

“It’s good to sign and I am hoping to carry this form into next season and the season after. I am really enjoying my rugby and it’s great Bernard has shown a bit of faith in me with selection.

“We are going in the right direction behind the scenes and this helps with the boys on the field. We don’t have to worry about anything, so we can just concentrate on getting better.

“We are making positive steps this season and as I look forward we are hoping to make a big impact.”

Newport-born Brown is a product of the Rodney Parade system and has represented Wales at Under-16, Under-18 and Under-20 level.

He has become a regular for the Dragons at regional level under Jackman and has caught the eye of Wales boss Gatland with a series of powerful performances.

It’s left him in with a chance of facing Australia, Georgia, New Zealand and South Africa with Wales next month.

This is certainly a young man on the rise.

Dragons head coach Jackman said: “I am delighted Leon has agreed to sign a long-term contract with the Dragons. He has come through our player development pathway and is a hard-working, honest young man.

“We want to reward our youngsters who we believe have talent and passion to represent the Dragons in a really positive light. So we were keen to re-negotiate his contract before his previous contract ran out with us.

“I look forward to working with him and our other coaches, in order to help him reach his potential.”

Under Armour Series 2017 – BUY TICKETS HERE

WALES v AUSTRALIA – Saturday, 11 November 2017 (17:15)
WALES v GEORGIA – Saturday, 18 November 2017 (14:30)
WALES v NEW ZEALAND – Saturday, 25 November 2017 (17:15) SOLD OUT
WALES v SOUTH AFRICA – Saturday, 2 December 2017 (14:30)

Official Hospitality Packages are available from 02920 822 413 or visit www.wru.wales/hospitality and official travel packages can be purchased from the WRU’s official travel supplier, Gullivers Sports Travel by visiting www.gulliverstravel.co.uk

The WRU’s official resale marketplace, which gives clubs the opportunity to re-sell a limited selection of their allocated tickets to the general public, can also be found at www.seatwave.com/wru

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness