Jump to main content

Adams: ‘Exciting times ahead for referees’

Adams: ‘Exciting times ahead for referees’

Paul Adams have been confirmed as the WRU National performance manager for referees.

Share this page:

He takes the step up from the community game where he has been a major influence in recent years, bringing the next generation of referees through the system as the likes of Ben Whitehouse, Craig Evans and Adam Jones follow in the footsteps of Nigel Owens, who is regarded as the best referee in world rugby.

“I am delighted to have been appointed to the role of WRU National Performance manager. I have for the last four years been involved in the community game, developing referees, delivering referee courses and CPD events,” he said.

“I am very much looking forward to the new challenge. I believe that it’s an exciting time for refereeing in Wales, with a number of young referees now refereeing in the Premiership and challenging established referees.

“The main objective as far as I am concerned it to provide an environment where referees reach their full potential and to have more referees officiating on the world stage.”

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness