Jump to main content

Dragons sign Lewis as Keddie pens new deal

Dragons sign Lewis as Keddie pens new deal

The Dragons have signed highly rated Welsh outside half Josh Lewis from Bath.

Share this page:

The 25-year-old has penned a two-year deal with Bernard Jackman’s side and will link up with the squad in the summer. Lewis is from the Gwent region having spent time with Welsh Premiership outfit Ebbw Vale along with three seasons with the Scarlets.

“I am delighted to be joining the Dragons,” said Lewis.
“After meeting Bernard Jackman it was clear that the Region has ambitious plans following the takeover and I’m excited to become part of the new era. I have learned so much from my time at Bath and can’t thank them enough, and I’m sure that this will benefit me hugely come the new season.”

Lewis is one of a number of new signings expected at Rodney Parade next season which includes British & Irish Lions back-row forward Ross Moriarty, Bristol pair Rhodri Williams and Jordan Williams, along with former Wales hooker Richard Hibbard.

“Josh Lewis has gained invaluable experience from his time at Scarlets and Bath and now at 25 years of age, he is coming into his prime as a fly-half,” said Jackman.

“He was very influential in the success of Ebbw Vale over the last few seasons and I was impressed by how much he wanted to come back to our Region and show the talent that he undoubtedly has. He has a really good balance to game and I believe he can help us be successful on the pitch next season and beyond.”

Meanwhile, the Dragons have also secured the long-term future of Wales under 20’s No 8 Harrison Keddie who has signed a new three-year contract. The versatile back row has made 25 appearances for the Dragons since his debut in 2016 against Zebre.

“Growing up I had always wanted to play for the Dragons as it is my home region, so it means a lot to me to have been given the opportunity to stay here for the next 3 years as I feel the club is going in the right direction both on and off the field,” said the 21-year-old.

“Once I am back fit I hope to earn my place in the team again, playing some good rugby and being part of a successful Dragons team.”
“Harrison was one of our stand out performers in the early part of the season until he unfortunately picked up his shoulder injury,” said Jackman.

“He has been incredibly diligent with his rehab and he will come back available for selection over the coming weeks. For him to commit to us for at least the next three seasons is a huge boost for the region.”

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness