Jump to main content

November: Morgan Allen

November: Morgan Allen

Cardiff’s Morgan Allen has picked up a Principality Premiership monthly award after standing out for the in-form Blue and Blacks.

Share this page:

The former Ospreys and Scarlets back row helped the capital club to a clean sweep in November.

Allen, who played for Wales U20 alongside Taulupe Faletau and Josh Navidi and also had stints with Ealing Trailfinders and Bedwas, said, “Moving to Cardiff has reminded me why I play rugby. I’ve enjoyed my rugby more this season than I have for a long time. “There’s a great bunch of local boys in the Cardiff side and we’re playing other similar teams all enjoying playing rugby on the weekend.

“I’ve also got the balance right between work, family and rugby so I’m in a good place at the moment.”

Allen insists that despite a few hiccups at the start of the season, the players and coaches have always believed they could do well this season.

“It took us a while to click at the start of the season but we believe in Spot’s (Steve Law) philosophy and we have always been ambitious as a group. We’re starting to put a string of good performances together and there’s no reason we can’t win the league from here.”

Andrew McGill, Senior Branch Manager At Principality Building Society’s Queen Street Branch, said: “Congratulations to Morgan on a fantastic season so far. Cardiff are pushing the champions Merthyr all the way this season and we wish them the best of luck for the rest of the season.”

Morgan Allen factfile:
Born: 12.3.90, Newport
First club: Cwmbran
School: Croesyceiliog
Most admired player: Scott Quinnell
Inspiration: Father (Wales international Andy Allen)

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness