Jump to main content

Davies becomes latest Welsh recruit at Doncaster

Davies becomes latest Welsh recruit at Doncaster

Jack Davies

Former Cardiff Blues Academy forward Jack Davies has become the latest Welsh recruit at English Premiership club Doncaster Knights.

Share this page:

Hot on the heels of the announcement that last season’s Indigo Group Premiership leading points scorer Billy McBryde had joined from RGC 1404, the Knights have extended their Welsh contingent to five.

Davies and McBryde will play alongside former Merthyr wing Kyle Evans ex-Dragons prop Dan Suter, ex-Ospreys prop Marc Thomas and former Scarlets No 8 Rory Pitman.

The 6ft 5in tall, 116kg Davies joins the Knights from Bath, where he held a senior contract and made five appearances in the A League while studying at the University of Bath. He also played in BUCS Super Rugby for his university.

He spent a season at Bristol before playing for Cardiff in the 2016-17 Welsh Premiership campaign. Now he hopes to cement a regular first-team place at Castle Park.

“As a club we’re glad Jack has decided to join us for this season coming, he will add real competition and versatility across the back row. He’s a big man, has plenty of energy and enthusiasm and is a good line-out presence,” said Doncaster’s head coach, Steve Boden.

Having successfully completed a degree in Sports and Exercise Science, and added a Masters in Business at Bath University, the 24-year-old Davies is now looking to focus fully on his rugby career.

“I’ve spoken to a lot of people about the Knights, Doncaster and the buzz around the club and I’m really looking forward to getting stuck into a proper rugby town,” said Davies.

“I’ve heard good things about Bodes as a Coach and I think what he’s trying to do by creating a young & hungry squad is something that’s really exciting.

“My targets are to play every week and add something to the way the team want to play. From what I’ve seen the recruitment & retention has been impressive and I think we can be a real force.”

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness