Jump to main content

Lewis and Gibbon step into Fowler’s shoes at Glam Wands

Lewis and Gibbon step into Fowler’s shoes at Glam Wands

Aaron Fowler leading by example for Glamorgan Wanderers

Prop Rob Lewis and centre Cameron Gibbon have been handed the tough task of filling the gap created by the retirement of Aaron Fowler by being named as co-captains at Glamorgan Wanderers.

Share this page:

Fowler has decided to hang-up his boots after five seasons at the Championship club, the last four of which he captained the club

“Rob and Cameron have both been involved in the highs of promotion and produce ‘X-Factor’ moments that can turn a game around,” said Wanderers director of rugby, Martyn Fowler.

“Rob has high levels of game intelligence, solves problems at the set-piece and is a dynamic ball carrier. Cameron has great pace, guile and defensive abilities.

“Both players have earned the respect of the coaching, playing and management groups. They are young exciting prospects who want to build on the fantastic work that’s taken place over the last five seasons.”

Aaron Fowler can look back on a job well done at the club he joined from Cardiff. He helped his side to win the East District 7s, Silver Ball, Mallett Cup and East District Cup and return to the Championship via the play-offs last year in the Wanderers 125th anniversary season.

“I’ve loved my time at this very special club and will cherish every minute I spent on the field in a Wanderers jersey. But the time is right for me to step down and work as hard as I possibly can behind the scenes to ensure the future of rugby at this great club,” said Fowler.

There is a new addition to coaching team at the Memorial Ground with David Griffiths joining to focus on team defence. Griffiths has previous experience of coaching at Barry, Old Iltydians and St Peter’s.

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness