Jump to main content

Rhianon step up to lead Exiles Supporter’s Club

Rhianon step up to lead Exiles Supporter’s Club

Rhianon Williams and Haydn Parry

The women in Welsh rugby continue to break through glass ceilings with London Welsh’ Rhianon Williams becoming the latest leading light as she has become the first female Chair in the 42 year history of the Exiles’ Supporters’ Club.

Share this page:

Described by outgoing chairman Haydn Parry as the “outstanding candidate” to take over from him, she has been one of only two women on the Supporters’ Club committee in recent years.

“I’m excited, proud and I must admit to having slight trepidation as I try to continue to build on the advances that Haydn has brought to the club during his five years as Chairman,” said Williams.

“London Welsh has been a major part of my life and I’m looking forward to working with the rest of the Committee as the Club enters a new era.”

The Exiles won’t be losing the services of Pugh. He has moved into a new role in leading the London Welsh player development HUB.

“It was a tremendous wrench to leave the post as chairman of the Supporters’ Club, but I felt that it was time for someone new to take the helm. Rhianon was the outstanding candidate for the position,” said Pugh.

“I have some fantastic memories of my tenure as chairman, experiencing the transition from the professional era and witnessing first-hand the new found growth and development of our great club. It all augurs so well for our on-going success and continuing rise up the leagues.”

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness