Jump to main content

James joins Swansea RFC

James joins Swansea RFC

Neath stalwart Kevin James has joined Swansea's coaching staff

Swansea have added former Neath stalwart Kevin James to their coaching set-up for the 2020/21 season.

Share this page:

The former Wales Sevens, Under-21, Students and age grade international spent 10 years at The Gnoll as a first-team regular and also played for Cornish Pirates and the Dragons.

He also spent a season playing for Swansea in 1997 and is the brother of Ospreys ‘original’ and former Wales prop forward Paul.

James will join a coaching team headed by Hugh Gustafson, who will also be responsible for the forwards, and will also include Liam Capener Jones, Ben Lewis and JP Bevan

“I feel very excited and honoured to be joining a club of the stature of Swansea. It is also nice to be returning to where I had my first taste of senior rugby as a player,” said James.

“Over a long playing career I regularly experienced how passionate and committed everyone associated with ‘The Whites’ can be and I look forward to hopefully experiencing this further in the near future.

“I know many of the coaching staff and players and I am very much looking forward to working with them and adding some value to an already exciting and successful environment.”

James has been coaching at Skewen and also has significant experience of coaching within the Ospreys age grade set up.

He was head coach with the Ospreys Under-18 team for two seasons and also spent time working with the Under-16’s.

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness