Jump to main content

Taylor heads ‘north’ to link up again with Ceri Jones at RGC

Taylor heads ‘north’ to link up again with Ceri Jones at RGC

RGC head coach Ceri Jones

Huw Taylor, who was a Junior World Championship winner with England in 2016, has joined RGC 1404 after leaving the Dragons. 

Share this page:

The 27-year-old is heading to north Wales to take up a player/coach role that will see him play in the Indigo Premiership next season. He will arrive at Parc Eirias having made 50 appearances for Bedford in the English Championship, 27 for Worcester Warriors and 52 for the Dragons, 

“I’m excited for the new opportunity Ceri Jones and RGC have given me. To coach alongside playing will be a very different role than I am used too,” said Taylor. 

“I enjoyed coaching Ceri’s home side Usk RFC last season, alongside playing for Dragons. I’ve known and worked with Ceri since the age of 18, and I’m looking forward to working alongside him again. 

“I hope I can make a positive impact on the club, by firstly playing well in the RGC jersey but also in helping to develop some of the young talent that is already here”. 

RGC head coach Jones has coached Huw since he was a teenager when they were both at Worcester.

“Huw is a great addition for us and the right age profile being 27. The fact he has been in a professional environment for 10 years can only be a positive for our young squad, and they will benefit from that. 

“I started coaching him from Worcester U18 and into the Dragons. He is hardworking, resilient and a good person to have within the set up. 

“He is also an emerging young coach, having been coaching in Division 3 and guiding Usk into Division 2. I’m really pleased we have made the signing and looking forward to him having an impact going forward.” 

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness