Jump to main content

Grandslam winner Jones reckons Wales’s future is bright

Grandslam winner Jones reckons Wales’s future is bright

Jones, 25, said: “It was a younger squad for Wales in Argentina but I thought they coped well.”

Share this page:

The Wales prop who currently has 30 caps also stressed how difficult it was whilst playing against the host country Argentina: “Argentina were a very physical team, especially in the scrums where they are the best in the world.”

Jones went on to say how much potential there is in the squad after many players made an impressive start to the beginning of their international career.

“I think our players did well,” said Jones. “Young guys like Alun Wyn Jones and Ian Evans were very impressive considering it was their first game at international level.

“Other young players like James Hook will also have learnt a lot on the tour and benefited from the experience. It will make them all better players for the future.”

The Grand slam winner has two main ambitions for next season.

“My goals for next season are to do well for the Ospreys and for Wales,” he commented. “I also hope I’ll be first in line to be picked.”

Adam Jones was promoting the Welsh Rugby Union’s response to Health Challenge Wales last week.

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness