Jump to main content

Pocock set for Wales test

Pocock set for Wales test

Australia flanker David Pocock captained Australia to victory against the Barbarians last weekend but is expecting a much sterner test against Wales on Saturday.

Share this page:

The Wallabies kicked off their two-match tour of the UK in style, beating the famous invitational side 60 v 11 at Twickenham.  But highly-rated Pocock knows that Australia will have to ‘step it up’ against Warren Gatland’s side at the Millennium Stadium this weekend.

“It was great to start the tour like that last weekend and it was good prepration for Saturday but we know how much it is going to take to step up and meet the intensity of the Welsh team,” he said.

“It’s a big game and we have got a few of those lined up against Wales in the next year.

“I was impressed with Wales at the World Cup, they were one of the younger teams and they did really well.

“Although I expect they were really disappointed with the way they lost to France.  We had a similar experience losing in our semi-final so its good to be back playing a few more international matches.”

If named in the starting team, Pocock will line-up against Wales captain Sam Warburton on the flank and that is a personal battle that he is looking forward to.

“You always want to play against the best players in your position, so I’m really looking for to doing that on the weekend,” he added.

“He’s a very good athlete and someone that Wales really look to for that go forward direction.”

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness