Jump to main content

More to come says Davies

More to come says Davies

Scarlets head coach Nigel Davies has declared that there is still much more to come from his side following their 22-14 victory over rivals the Ospreys.

Share this page:

The hosts raced into an early lead at a packed Parc y Scarlets on Boxing Day and even though the Ospreys fought back in the second period, Davies’ men held on for the impressive victory and he was delighted with his side’s performance.

“This was a result that has been founded on four years work when you look at it and it’s all the sweeter for that and credit to our players today – they are working very hard and brought real intensity to this game,” he said.

“The Ospreys are a quality side and know how to win games and when they came back at us early in the second half, we didn’t panic, we played in the right areas, used our heads and kept to our game and maintained the pressure on them to achieve the result.

“It was a great event today for us all – a fantastic rugby occasion with our second biggest crowd ever here at our home at Parc y Scarlets enjoying the kind of rugby that you get from a West Wales derby. Both sides brought real physicality and intent and that’s what these games should be all about – I think anyone would pay money to come and be part of an atmosphere and witness a live rugby battle like that.

“I think the key is about building a belief in this team, there is a lot of talent in our group and we know we have the level of performance which was shown by coming so close to one of the top teams in Europe in the past fortnight.

“What we did today was get on the right side of the line, with that growing belief and momentum of winning. We are getting to where we need to be, it’s taken a long time but the boys deserve this one and we have to work very hard to maintain the levels we are at currently.

“There is more in this side and I firmly believe that, but it’s good for us to see that we are moving forward.”

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness