Jump to main content

Bedwas kick off Cup campaign

Bedwas kick off Cup campaign

Bedwas start their SWALEC Cup campaign with what is expected to be a hard fought game against Llandovery at the Bridge Field on Saturday. (KO 1.30pm)

Share this page:

Bedwas coach Steve Law has never taken his side to a Welsh Cup final and would love to combine his side’s excellent league campaign with a cup run. 

“I would love to lead my side out at the Millennium Stadium,” said Law.

“Llandovery are a well organised team but if we take our home league form into this game I am confident we can get a positive result.

“Obviously there would still be work to do to reach the final but we will be one step closer if successful.”

The reward for the winners will be a trip to Carmarthen Quins, a game scheduled to take place on Saturday February 16.

Bedwas make a number of changes to the side that lost heavily at Bedford in the British & Irish Cup last week.

The starting front row changes completely with Dan Preece, Rhys Hutcherson and Kristian Gay coming in. Kyle Maiden replaces Chris Bundy at lock, Phillip Sargent starts at blindside flanker in place of Tom Organ, with Simon Grainger moving across to openside.

Stuart Thomas who was unavailable for the Bedford trip returns at full back and Ryan Owen comes in on the left wing in place of Lewis Hudd who drops to the bench. Lewis Robling (on permit from the Dragons continues at fly half.

Promising youngsters Zack Hadley (hooker) and James Sawyer (back row) are named on the substitute’s bench and could well make their first team debuts having performed well for the Second XV.

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness