Jump to main content

Nant Conwy crowned champions

Nant Conwy crowned champions

Nant Conwy celebrated their crowning as Division One winners with a presentation at home following their win on 13 April against Ruthin.

Share this page:

The team was presented with their trophy on 18 April after their win against Dolgellau. Nant Conwy lost only two of the 18 games played, winning with 68 points overall. The club last won the league in 2010 and finished second last year behind Caernarfon.

Medwyn Vaughn, head coach said: “As a former player I was worried it would be challenging moving into the coaching role, but the team has been great.

“Last year the team played very well but were disappointed to lose the league. This year the first and second teams have trained together, working hard to put more structure and pattern into their game.

“We have worked a lot on skills, building our skills for the game not playing a game around our skills. There are great people at this club and winning Division One North is testament to everyone’s achievement. It is a nice feeling winning the league for the first time as head coach, I am having to pinch myself.”

VIEW VIDEO

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness