Jump to main content

Wizards act quickly to bolster squad

Wizards act quickly to bolster squad

Aberavon have taken swift action to bolster their squad for next season’s Principality Premiership campaign.

Share this page:

The Wizards finished this season in 10th position and are determined to finish considerably higher up the table next season.

Former Pontypridd, Cardiff and Cardiff Blues prop Ryan Harford has been added to the squad to strengthen the Wizards pack while in the second row there is a triple signing with brothers Sam Williams (from the Ospreys) and Simon Williams (from Llantrisant) joining along with Ben Davies.

Sam is no stranger to the Wizards, having played for Aberavon from 2009-2013, playing in over 70 games and last season was offered the opportunity of a full time contract with the Ospreys.

Davies joins from Tata Steel but he has previous experience of the Premiership having played for Neath and Swansea. He also featured for the Wizards in the game against Carmarthen Quins and played a part in keeping the Wizards in the Premiership.

Davies commented: “Being part of the game against the Quins was one of the best experiences I’ve had in my rugby career! It was a massive honour to be partly entrusted with the future of the club. The boys instantly made me feel right at home during training in the week, and I felt a real sense of ownership, belonging and responsibility on the day.”

Aberavon fly half Jamie Davies, who has retired after scoring 4,130 points for the club, joins the coaching staff as skills coach while Rob Hill joins as forwards coach.

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness