Jump to main content

Blues seal Robinson return

Blues seal Robinson return

Olly Robinson will return to Cardiff Blues on a long-term deal next season after making an instant impact at the Cardiff Arms Park.

Share this page:

The Bristol back-rower was brought to the capital region during an injury crisis and quickly became a hit over his nine dominant displays during his two-month loan spell. Robinson, son of former England and Scotland head coach Andy Robinson, delivered a string of standout performances in the absence of Sam Warburton and Ellis Jenkins.

The 26-year-old has returned to parent club Bristol he will be back at the Blues next season after signing a long-term contract.

Robinson said: “I absolutely loved the last two months being with Cardiff Blues. It was brilliant to be playing so much in a great league and with a great bunch of boys so I’m delighted to be offered the chance to come back.

“To compete and learn from the likes of Sam Warburton and Ellis Jenkins is a really big driver for me and if we are all pushing each other then that’s all the better for both us as players and the club.” 

The Blues will have a new coaching team in place for next season with Danny Wilson departing the region. And chief executive Richard Holland believes he will add much needed depth to the back-row.

Cardiff Blues chief executive Richard Holland said: “Olly impressed everybody here while on loan from Bristol and we are very happy to bring him on board for next season. With so many Wales internationals in our back-row he will give us real strength in depth and we look forward to welcoming him back.”

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness