Jump to main content

SWALEC Plate, Bowl semi-final draws

SWALEC Plate, Bowl semi-final draws

Division two West protagonists Maesteg and Loughor will face each other in one SWALEC Plate semi-final after coming through stiff quarter-finals.

Share this page:

SWALEC Plate semi-final draw: Maesteg v Loughor, Kenfig Hill v Llantwit Fardre
To be played at neutral venues, venues tbc, weekend of April 17

Maesteg prevailed 14-16 at Waunarlwydd while Loughor won 19-38 at Aberystywth. The final scoreline suggests a romp for Loughor but the final score-line isn’t a fair reflection of the game.

Maesteg spokesman Nick Carter is confident his side can maintain their winning run. He said: “We haven’t played them this season because our games have been hit by the weather. We know they are mid table and we’re floating near the top so spirits are high at the club. This is a tremendous chance for us and the boys are really excited about it.” 

SWALEC Two East side Llantwit Fardre have been rewarded for their 23-17 victory over local rivals Rhydyfelin with a semi-final against Kenfig Hill of Three South West. 

SWALEC Bowl semi-final draw: Senghennydd v Trebanos, Abercarn v Pontardawe
To be played at neutral venues, venues tbc, weekend of April 17

In the SWALEC Bowl, Pontardawe already have one eye on making the final.

“It would be outstanding running out onto the pitch,” said second row Darren Rees. “A lot of boys will never ever achieve this again. I’m one of them as I’m retiring at the end of the year. It would be a nice way to go out, running out at the Millennium Stadium.

“I’ve played Abercarn before with a previous club and know they will be tough but I’m quietly confident going into the match.”
In the other semi-final Five South East side Senghennydd will play Trebanos from Five South West.

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness