Jump to main content

Lievremont feels the heat

Lievremont feels the heat

France coach Marc Lievremont has apologised to his players after blasting his squad for losing to Italy in the RBS 6 Nations last weekend.

Share this page:

He claimed his team showed ‘a certain form of cowardice” during Italy’s momentous 22-21 victory in Rome.

“I regret some of the things I said on Sunday, when I said that some players had probably played their last match for France.

“It was clumsy of me, although I still maintain that changes have to be made. I’m trying to stay logical. The players I called up will bring some freshness and enthusiasm.

“We have a very short time to bounce back and make sure we beat Wales. We need to work on the collective side of our game and I need to motivate the players by giving them confidence.”

For the Wales match, Lievremont has brought in Damien Traille and David Marty at centre, Alexis Palisson on the left wing, Imanol Harinordoquy at number eight and Thomas Domingo in the front row.

Harinordoquy replaces Sebastien Chabal and Domingo comes in for Sylvain Marconnet.  Traille and Marty are direct replacements for Yannick Jauzion and Aurelien Rougerie, while Palisson replaces Yoann Huget, who goes to the replacements bench.

France M Medard (Toulouse); V Clerc (Toulouse), D Marty (Perpignan), D Traille (Biarritz), A Palisson (Brive); F Trinh-Duc (Montpellier), M Parra (Clermont); T Domingo (Clermont), W Servat (Toulouse), N Mas (Perpignan), J Pierre (Clermont), L Nallet (Racing-Metro), T Dusautoir (Toulouse, capt), J Bonnaire (Clermont), I Harinordoquy (Biarritz).
Replacements: G Guirado (Perpignan), L Ducalcon (Castres), P Pape (Stade Francais), A Lapandry (Clermont), J Tomas, (Montpellier), F Estebanez (Brive), Y Huget (Bayonne)

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness