Jump to main content

Dragons to have influence on top four

Dragons to have influence on top four

Wales wing Aled Brew believes even if the Dragons can’t themselves finish in the Magners League top four, they are going to have a big influence on who does.

Share this page:

The Dragons face three of the top five at Rodney Parade in their four remaining games and will look to continue their rich vein of form under Darren Edwards which has seen them lose just three of their last eight fixtures.

The Ospreys and Blues are still to travel to Newport this season, throwing up some interesting derby games in the run in to the end of the season.

“They are all vying for play-off places so they’ll be gunning for us,” said Brew. “The derbies are always good games and we’ve got a good record against the Ospreys here.

“We’ll be chasing the double against them, though our record is not so good against the Blues.

“But we’ve shown how we can do it by playing good, attacking rugby – and it’s come off. It has been coming for a while now, we’ve just been working hard off the ball.

“Some of the tries against Treviso were training ground transfers and chasing those kicks.

“I’ve got to be thankful to Will Harries for one of mine, I’d told him to go out on the wing because of my ankle which was a bit of a strain.”

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness