Jump to main content

Davies tells Wales to embrace opportunity

Davies tells Wales to embrace opportunity

Wales captain Bradley Davies has told his squad to embrace every moment of their tour of Japan and seize every opportunity.

Share this page:

The Cardiff Blues second row hasn’t played for Wales since he was injured in the autumn international against New Zealand last year. He returns to the national set-up to lead his country and he is excited about the challenges that lie ahead in the coming fortnight.

“It’s a great opportunity and I’ve learned to embrace being away and that’s what I’ve told the younger guys in the squad,” he said.

Davies, who has 38 Test caps to his name believes his experience of captaining his country through the age-grade will stand him in a good position in the Far East.

“I’ve captained Wales at age grade levels and Cardiff Blues and have that experience behind me and it’s a role I’m really excited about.

“I’m not going to try and be someone I’m not, I’ll be trying to do my talking on the pitch.

“That’s the way I like to lead.  My type of game is to lead from the front, get stuck in and hopefully that will help the lads.

“The most important thing is that I’m back playing again for Wales and playing the high quality rugby I know I can play on the international stage.”

Davies and the squad have been acclimatising to the conditions in Japan as they prepare for the first test against the Cherry Blossoms in Osaka.

“The weather is going to be a factor, but we prepared for it and we’ll have an intense week of training here in Osaka to get used to it,” he added.

“The Lions showed that if you train hard to acclimatise then you can still play a high standard of rugby.”

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness