Jump to main content

September: Rowan Jenkins

September: Rowan Jenkins

Aberavon prop Rowan Jenkins has won the first Principality Premiership Player of the Month of the season.

Share this page:

Jenkins has earned plaudits since the start of the season with some tough shifts at the coal face, impressing both in the scrum and the loose.

His side claimed their first win of the season with a 24-31 away victory at Bedwas to complete their September fixtures.

The Wizards were also buoyed by their scalp of beating Ulster in the British & Irish Cup last weekend.

“It’s my fifth season at Aberavon,” said the Felinfoel product. “We had a tough time last season but the new coaches under Jason Hyatt helped us to retain our Premiership status, and we prepared well for this season.

“It’s disappointing that we have lost a few of our matches that we could have won so far this season, but beating Ulster in the British & Irish Cup last week was very promising.

“We’ve spent a lot of time together as a squad recently with pre-season training and extra training sessions, which has helped too so we are positive about the future.

“Our aims, over and above remaining in the Premiership, are to finish as high as we possibly can in the league and in the British & Irish Cup.

“Personally, I have ambitions to play professional rugby. I played international age grade rugby and I’m working hard to improve all the time to give myself a chance to step up to the next level.

Rowan Jenkins factfile:
Born: 10.6.91, Carmarthen
Position: prop
Club: Aberavon
Former clubs: Felinfoel, Llanelli
Most admired player: Cian Healy
Biggest influence: Many coaches along the way especially Euros Evans, former Coleg Sir Gar coach
Nickname: Dink

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness