Jump to main content

January 2015: Lee Williams

January 2015: Lee Williams

Carmarthen Quins wing Lee Williams has won the first Principality Premiership Player of the Month Award for 2015.

Share this page:

The Rugby World Cup Sevens winner has hit fine form since the turn of the year, scoring nine tries in nine games (including hat tricks against Llanelli and Bridgend) and producing man of the match performances in his last four games. He puts that down to a run of games.

“While I was with the Sevens I was often away but since the New Year I’ve been playing regular, back-to-back games which has paid off. The results haven’t always followed, and we’re in the hands of others to a certain extent, but if we concentrate on our own game, hopefully we will get things back on track and remain in the top three to qualify for a play-off place.

“We are also still in the hunt in the knock-out stages of the SWALEC Cup and it would be great to make it to the Finals Day at the Millennium Stadium.

“On a personal note, I’m concentrating on the Quins at the moment. I would love to get back into the Wales Sevens set-up next season, especially as it is Olympic Games year – and if the Scarlets ever came knocking I would also be more than happy to play regional rugby again.”

Virginia Linnell, Principality Building Society’s Carmarthen branch manager, said: “Lee has had a fantastic season for Carmarthen already scoring nine tries, which have helped the Quins to their place in the top three. We wish him the best of luck for the rest of the season and hope his great try scoring form continues.”

Lee Williams Factfile
Born: 27.10.86, Carmarthen
Club: Carmarthen Quins
Position: Wing
First club: Pontyberem
School: Ysgol Maes yr Yrfa
Most admired player: Regan King

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales