Jump to main content

September: Jarrod Evans

September: Jarrod Evans

Pontypridd outside half Jarrod Evans has won the first Principality Premiership Player of the month award of the season.

Share this page:

Wales Under 20 pivot Evans scored 28 points in September, helping the champions to their table topping position and has since added a further 32 to his tally with three tries and six conversions in Pontypridd’s October games.

Pontypridd head coach Robert Sidoli said, “What is pleasing about Jarrod’s form is that he is showing a good balance in his performances. He is a threat with the ball in hand, as his try count indicates, his kicking game is good, his defence is excellent and his communication with those around him has really improved.

“He had a good pre-season with the Blues and has played with huge confidence when he’s turned out for us.

“There’s a lot of competition for places but I certainly think Jarrod has the capability to make the next step, and he’s doing everything he should be doing to gain further honours.”

Jarrod added, “I’ve had a good start to the season, thanks to a great bunch of players at Ponty who have been playing well at this level for so long.

“I’ve had a lot of help from the coaches too from Gareth Wyatt at Ponty to Lee Jarvis and Paul John at the Blues, Lee helping with my kicking especially to Jason Strange who’s helped by all round game.”

Evans has earned a place on the bench for the Blues against Ulster this evening (Friday).

“I’ve been training with the Blues since pre-since and that’s helped too as it’s another step up and it’s great to be on the bench against Ulster. Hopefully I’ll get some game time and some more opportunities to play at regional level this season.”

Principality Building Society’s Pontypridd branch manager, Sara David, said: “Jarrod has made a fantastic start to the new season with some great performances for Pontypridd that have seen them go to the top of the table once again.

“Competition within the Principality Premiership has been fierce so far this season and we hope to see this continue as Pontypridd try to regain the title.”

Jarrod Evans factfile
DOB: 25.7.96
Club: Pontypridd
Position: Outside half
Education: Pontypridd High School, Coleg y Cymoedd
Previous clubs: Pontyclun
Most admired player: Dan Carter
Biggest influence: Family

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners