Jump to main content

Stars on show in B&I warm-up

Stars on show in B&I warm-up

The Ospreys Premiership Select XV team will parade three international players when they warm-up for their B&I Cup campaign with a friendly against the Blues PS XV at the BT Sport Cardiff Arms Park on Wednesday, 5 October (7.15pm).

Share this page:

Rob McCusker will lead the side from No 8, while fellow Welsh international Rhodri Jones starts at tight-head prop and former All Black Brendon Leonard figures at scrum half. The Blues side will also feature an ex-All Black in lock Jarrad Hoeta.

The match has been arranged to give the two teams the chance to warm-up for the B&I Cup, which kicks-off next week. The Ospreys host London Irish at The Gnoll on Saturday, 15 October, while the Blues start with a clash against London Scottish at the Arms Park.

Tom Smith and Richard Fussell are in charge of the Ospreys side, while Elite Performance Pathway Manager, Richard Hodges, will serve as the Blues’ head coach, assisted by Paul John and Duane Goodfield.

Wales U20 internationals Liam Belcher, Seb Davies, Shane Lewis Hughes, Kieron Assiratti, Morgan Sienawski, Jarrod Evans and Rhun Williams all get a run, while experienced Blues players Aled Summerhill and Lews Evans also feature.

“This is the third year we have done it, so it’s becoming a bit of an annual event and serves a good purpose to test our player pathway and introduce supporters to some new faces,” said Hodges.

“It will give players who have not featured in the Guinness PRO12 some game-time and a chance to stake a claim ahead of Europe and our tier one and two academy players an opportunity to make an impression for the British and Irish Cup.”

Entry will be free to spectators, and instead there will be a bucket collection, in aid of #StayStrongForOws, on the gate and supporters are kindly asked to donate generously.

Blues XV: Rhun Williams; Owen Lane, Aled Summerhill, Dec Williams, Teri Gee; Jarrod Evans, Lewis Jones (captain); Rhys Carre, Liam Belcher, Kieron Assiratti, Jarrad Hoeata, Seb Davies, Shane Lewis-Hughes, Morgan Sienawski, James Sheeky

Reps: Tom Malby, Corrie Tarrant, Ben Leung, Callum Bradbury, Aled Ward, Dane Blacker, Ben Jones, James Beal, Dafydd Smith, Joe Miles

Ospreys PS XV: Morgan Williams; Tom O’Flaherty, Joe Thomas, Kieran Williams, Tom Grabham; Luke Price, Brendon Leonard; Rowan Jenkins, Scott Otten, Rhodri Jones, James Ratti, Jon Kenny, Charlie Davies, Joe Tomalin-Reeves, Rob McCusker (captain)

Reps: Ifan Phillips, Tom Sloane, Alex Jeffries, Alex Dunham, Ashton Evans, Matt Aubrey, Joe Scrivens,  Rheon James

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness