Jump to main content

Ioan Hughes is top dog at Llanelli

Ioan Hughes is top dog at Llanelli

Ioan Hughes

Ioan Hughes has carried off the Player of the Year award for Llanelli RFC after another influential season in the No 10 jersey at Parc y Scarlets.

Share this page:

Having been forced to go to a last-gasp play-off against Championship winners Pontypool to hang onto their Indigo Group Premiership last year, Llanelli stayed well off the bottom in the recently completed campaign.

The Player’s Player of the Year Award went to full back cum wing Kallum Evans, while the Most Promising Player of the Year title went to Jacob Lewis, the son of former club legend Emyr Lewis. Alan Williams was reward with the coveted Clubman of the Year award.

“We would have loved to have held an awards night with everyone present, but we are facing  unprecedented times. The Coronavirus pandemic has now become the biggest challenge both on and off the field,” said Llanelli executive board member, Anthony Buchanan

“We look forward to the time when we can all get back together and we are hopeful that it won’t be too long.

“I received a good reaction to my pleas for help last year, although not perhaps as much as I was hoping for. What it did do was highlight the club’s position and vulnerability and led to us having a much better season.

“The team performed much better on the pitch, our financial position improved greatly, but there is still a lot more ground for us to make up. We are far from out of the woods.”

Partners and Suppliers

Principal Partners
Principality
Official Broadcast Partners
BBC Cymru/Wales
S4C
Official Partners
Heineken
Isuzu
Guinness